Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Quilting & Stamping



I have been posting to my Splitcoaststampers gallery the last few nights, and realized that I do have a lot of things that I could be posting here. So, even if I have been unproductive lately I can still show you things that I have done in the past.









I started consigning at a quilt shop in Nevada right after Thanksgiving. I made 25 cards and shipped them off- I am pleased that they are selling, and it makes me happy to know that someone wants to buy what my talents produce. It isn't much appreciated here at my house. Maybe, because I have always created with something. That is not to say that they do not like what I do. It is just more validating when someone you don't know likes what you do.


So here are a few of my favorite creations that feature the sewing theme. I really enjoyed making the sewing cards- I even bought the Papertrey Ink Quilting Sampler stamp set. http://www.papertreyink.com/stamps_quilterssampler.html Oh my.... I love it, and it is very easy to use! Alas, some of my images were clip art that I found on the net. I have found it very hard to find sewing images in stamps. I did color all of them with my Copics, so it still counts as crafting right?


This card above was made with the Christmas SU paper and paper pieced using the Papertrey Ink Quilting Sampler as a guide. Not the easiest thing to do while you are on pain meds, but I love the outcome. But still.... I probably will not repeat this effect.



Once again, this is a PTI Quilting Sampler set.

Stamping has been one of my saviors this last year. I used to sew, making many clothes for myself and the kids. When I became ill and could not get out of bed, I turned to stamping as my creative outlet. Once upon a time, many years ago I was a SU Demo. I had forgotten how much I loved it. I needed to get back in touch with my inner child and coloring was a great way to do that. Now, my husband didn't really appreciate my medium, well more the cost of my Copics, but he is happy with the results I can achieve with them. If you need to find your inner child with Copics try Oozaks at http://www.oozak.com/index.php

Anyway, that is it for today! I feel good... I posted pictures of cards. WooHoo!

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment