Thursday, May 28, 2009

Another Thursday Down

I am not keeping count- but one less day until my dear husband comes home.

Thursday's have been harder for me.... I think it is because the kids have music lessons and I have an hour with nothing to do. Leaves me too much time to think.

I am getting many things accomplished in the effort to keep my mind busy. Garden has been planted and the yard cleaned up. My bedroom is finally clean... well almost. I hate to file, so there is a box of filing left to do. I have been throwing myself into my crafting, in an effort to prepare for a possible consignment opportunity.

Here are the baskets that I dressed up with high hopes they will help sell my cards. What do you think?



Here are some of my cards that are going to fill these baskets.







On to the household chores:

I had the turf guy come out today and spray fertilizer and weed killer on the front lawn. Not much grass in the back, therefor no spraying back there. So the vegies are safe. I know it is not very green to have your yards fertilized, but I can't get it to grow, and some day I will have to sell this house. What is a girl to do? I did do away with pest control services. Partly because they ticked me off, but also from the possible side effects on my small animals. So I am left to tackle the fire ants on my own. Ughh! Oh and the wasps, bees and slugs!


On to the garden- This planter is just outside of my window. It holds the three salsa tomato plants that I got from Burpees. Oregano, lemon balm, and basil are in the front planter.

These are my blueberries, one on each side of my porch.






I have also taken pictures of the trees on top of my house. Literally- on top of the house. The branches are now touching, and the neighbors say they have seen squirrels running the rooftop. Having fun no doubt! I am going to send these pictures to a friend who has offered to come and help cut them down. Won't the squirrels be disappointed? Too bad!
To Do List for Friday May 29th:
1. Drop the oldest son off for Boy Scout backpacking camp out. Yes- he is going to hike 5-8 miles this weekend. And he is excited? DONE
2. Piano recital tomorrow 6:30pm, and I have to figure out the blasted camcorder. DONE
3. Maybe, just maybe, see someone about consigning cards? DONE
4. See a Movie with a friend??? NOT YET
I know there must be more, but the mind is not working efficiently right now.
So I am signing off for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment