Sunday, May 31, 2009

Drama Week starts tomorrow! It sure has snuck up on me. I have 2 of the 5 Shadow Guard costumes done, but they are easy to fix up at this point. When I picked them a week ago they were almost done, so I really just need to zip up the fronts and put in a hook.


I do however need to get into the kitchen in the morning and make lots of snacks for the week. Drama Week means long days with dinner in the crock pot..... which means I have to go to the grocery store SOON.



Yesterday we went to my cousin Jennifer's house in lower Georgia. Her house is always so much fun because she has so many animals. Let's see, I saw: 2 ponies, 1 colt, 1 donkey, ??? ducklings, ??? ducks, 4 or 5 chickens, Guinea babies, 3 wild snakes, 1 fish, and 1 really frozen gator baby. Yes, gator! He was dead- a long time gone! Apparently, my cousins' husband Rusty thinks it is fun to bring out the dear dead headless gator for family occasions. Oooh!


Eric asked to go fishing and so Jennifer strung him up a red squiggly worm, and he cast it out and reeled in a beauty of a fish on the first try.


Doesn't he look so proud? He begged to take it home, and I said "NO". Number 1, I don't like to eat fish, have no idea how to cook fish. Number 2, I was not about to clean it! One day he and his brother will learn how to gut and clean fish, maybe from Papa this summer, and Grandma can show them how to cook it.
Jonah came back from camping this evening and looked beat! He hiked 7-8 miles and camped on the trail this weekend. His leader said he did a wonderful job, including encouraging the other scouts when they became tired. I wish I had had more time to get him a camera before he went. I would love to know what the scenery looked like in the Appalachian Mountains.
Anyway- I am signing off for tonight. I really must start this earlier in the evening. My brain has gone to mush for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment