Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!!

So I still need work on this blogging bit- Everybody got to have something they need to work on right? Like this is the only thing I need to work on- Hah!
I am now officially 39 today- No really! 39 today, January 17, 1970 was a grand day for my Mom- Well that is not how she puts it, but you get the idea. 40 hours of labor, yada, yada, yada- doctor on the golf course, blah, blah, blah- making father leave the room, whine, whine, whine. I really felt sorry for you Mom... up until I had 3 of my own. Two natural, and one c-section. I count those up and am proud! Mom says after my 9lb 10oz butt, that she was done- hence, I am an only child.

Thirty-Nine seemed like a good year for a party and a nice way to start off the New Year. So Ray and I sent our children to the neighbors house and invited the adults over to celebrate. We had such a good time. Ray made Bananas Foster, and we played Apples to Apples, which is so much more fun with adults who know who Andy Warhol is. My dear friend Melissa made her famous Chocolate Cake, which she will never outlive, because we all want her to bring it wherever she goes. It is that GOOD!


Yep- That is me there in the middle in light purple. I really need to take more photos, so I have more to choose from. This was the only one taken.

Today, the official day, was spent with hubby shopping, and dinner at a Chinese restaurant.
The one thing I wanted for my birthday was an apron. You know, like the ones your grammy had? Well, we couldn't find one... well not any that were cute. So I will be off to Etsy tomorrow to purchase one.

Happy Birthday to me..... Happy Birthday to me.... ( I am singing, hee hee)
Angela

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated bday Angela! :D Just seeing your quilt in the background makes me reminisce on our days at Woodlawn. You don't look a day older from when you moved, my dear.

    ReplyDelete