Monday, January 12, 2009

Helen Georgia

I guess I need to get into the habit of writing everyday. I want my children to be able to do this, so I must model the behavior. I will add this to all the other habits I would like them to have, that I do not possess, but somehow must endeavor to fake.


We had an enjoyable weekend. Saturday, on the spur of the moment, the kids and I went to a quaint little town in the northeast mountains of Georgia. Helen is a cute little town that was re-made in the late 60's into a Bavarian Village. I have attached the link to the Alpine tourist information. Here you will find Helens' story.


http://www.helengeorgia.com/aboutus.asp?id06=100&par06=0





And can you believe it..... it snows in Georgia! Isn't pretty?

I forgot the camera, again. That's what happens when you do things spontaneously. We will be going back in the summer again, because there is so much to do.... tubing, camping, horseback riding, shopping, and my favorite "eating". We watched a glass blower, making butterflies, and listened as he spoke of the history of his trade. Add that one up for schooling hours. I have read that they have a pottery shop where you can watch them throw and create, along with a train exhibit that shows Germany.

I have been working hard on my New Year's Resolutions, which include:

Being more God centered, and making sure our family is leading ourselves on a better path. To me this means spending more time reading the Bible together. Continued education for myself and the kids, and making the commitment to serve and learn through Christ.

Being more of a friend- so many people supported me this last year, and I have come to understand friendship in a deeper way. I want to reconnect and forge lasting friendships.

Live my life joyously NOW- I am always thinking about the future and how happy I will be, but live today with worry and dissatisfaction. I need to change this.... for myself, my children and for our well being.
I know there are more resolutions, but they are upstairs and the laptop and I are downstairs. So more on those later.

Thank you for coming by- and if you are ever in Northeast Georgia, go and checkout Helen.

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment