Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Header- Yippee

I spent most of my day Friday looking for a new header. I was using my business header, but it didn't fit and just didn't look right. I have been having an urge to buy land, you know the kind that has acres and acres of green farmland. Not that I can afford it.... but just in case my ship sails in. What I am finding is that Georgia has substantially lower prices for lots of land, on the other hand, Oregon is not cheap not even for a little land. What's a girl to do? Look, and look, and wish, and wish, point out to husband (who rolls his eyes) and send pleading looks his way. Yah- I know we are still indentured to the Army, but I can dream right? So this brings me to my point, my new header is of a farmhouse somewhere in the world that is surrounded by mountains and looks so peaceful I can almost envision myself there now.
This image set me off dreaming again and now I have set up a field trip for local homeschoolers to an area (couple hours away) goat farm. See it here http://splitcreek.com/index.shtml
Yep- I love goats, well the idea of them. The only ones I have really seen are in a petting zoo. They are so cute, and look so lovable, how can you not be enamoured with them? I have dreams of making goat cheese and butter. Canning and making jellies and jams. Being somewhat self- sufficient, and maybe making a simple living out of my crafts and farm.
OK- so back to reality! The kids and I have been sick all week- we keep trudging along but I have had no energy to drive the schoolwork bus. So the kids keep checking their schoolwork checklists and they say they are "completing" work, but I have been very lax and have not checked their work. Guilt- Guilt- Guilt! There is always next week... right? Now do you see why I felt the need to escape into my dream world?
While I was searching for pictures for the blog, I punched in Lake Tahoe and winter into the magical google world and out popped this image.

This is Emerald Bay at Lake Tahoe. I spent some time every summer up here at Tahoe. It was not hard since I grew up in Reno. Snow is hard to come by here in Georgia, and this made me happy to look at it. Can you see the mountains in the background? Those are the Sierra Nevada Mountains. We don't have those (beautiful mountains) here where I live either. I guess I am a little homesick, it doesn't happen often, but I seems to be happening now. I have many happy memories, including time spent here with my husband (before we were married).
So I haven't done any stamping in a few days, hopefully Monday! Yah- Monday for sure!
Thanks for coming by,
Angela

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful new layout Angela! The colors are so soothing, that picture is beautiful. Look at all the greenery. Sigh! But for today, I enjoyed the snow and especially the looks on the kiddos' faces. :D

    ReplyDelete